Note of meeting 19.05.15

 

 

 

 

Notes of Meeting for FISHERROW WATERFRONT GROUP MEETING, May 19th, 7.30, at Fisherrow Yacht Club

 

 

 

 

  1. Attendees

Clive Andrew(Chair), Laura Young, Kaz Langlands, Shirley Banks, John Williamson, Fraser MacAllister, Veronica Noone (note taker)

  1. Apologies

Aileen Grant, Kaela Scott, Kirsty Preston, Gaynor Allen

  1. Minutes of meeting of April Meeting – Veronica approved, Laura seconded

  2. Matters Arising from minutes of April meeting

Kirsty had sent an email with an update on the harbour improvements

  1. Approval of new members - none

  2. Correspondence – none that we are aware of however as Gaynor, the Secretary, who would normally update on correspondence, is likely to be occupied elsewhere for some time it was agreed that her work would need to be shared among members

  3. Treasurers report- £287.00 in bank. The group agreed that some fund- raising would need to be done to increase our budget and thereby be able to cover any expenditure. Laura referred to some additional work to be done on the OSCR – she will update at next meeting.

  • Action - John to check position with regard to potential for license to raise money at events at the harbour.

  1. Update projects – capital spend and budget

  • Showers – update at next meeting

  • Interpretation boards- going up this week to complement the RSPB event

  • Pipe- update at next meeting

  • Murdoch Green soak away- update at next meeting

  • Clive offered to pay for up to 2 small wooden boats to be filled with flowers and placed on the waterfront at or near his house.

 

Action – Fraser to follow up query about small boat or similar to Stewart Pryde

  1. Harbour strategy

HUG are happy with the feasibility but less positive about the Pontoons however the group agreed that the study would simply set out the feasibility of such an option and would not determine whether they would happen or not. Gaynor submitted the funding application for £10k and we should hear within 4-6 weeks. A further £2K has been committed by East Lothian Council Economic Development. Sandra Macrae is keen to tender for the work and reckons that it will take about 3 months from start to finish. Veronica highlighted the need for the group to think carefully about the use of the feasibility study as it could potentially be quite a powerful/ influential document if used correctly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  1. Family fun day update – 2 dates were discussed – June 28 or August 16th

 

  • Action – Shirley to set up a doodle to get agreed date

  1. Riding of the Marches update – Shirley described the build-up and signature events and the Waterfront Group to think through how to build in relevant/ appropriate activities.

  2. Harbour maintenance – see Kirsty email

  3. AOB

  • Laura mentioned the Beach clean- up which had gone well. More than a tonne of rubbish had been collected. Laura suggested and all agreed that these should be done each quarter

  • Tesco money is to be spent and some interesting art work is about to appear

  • Bill Walsh to be asked to give a talk on the new river trail

 

  1. Date for next meeting – 16 June, 7.30 at the Yacht Club